Our infinity cove is now green. Unlike other green screen studios when we paint we don’t just use green paint. We use the official green screen paint supplied by Rosco. This paint is non reflective and more expensive than normal green matt or gloss paint. However when you come to Galleon Studios we want you to leave with exactly what you came in to shoot so, rather than charge a repainting fee we paint a fresh coat of Rosco Chromakey paint before every hire. No other studio offers repainting of green screen foc. What’s more a variety of green screen props and equipment are available either for hire or included in studio hire. These include a green screen treadmill, turntable, curtains, boxes and other things we’ve amassed from nearly a decade of filming green screen.
You can hire the green screen large infinity cove studio or the smaller green screen in the sound proof studio for just £417+VAT including the lighting. Other kit is available and we’re pleased to offer one hours free tech support if you don’t know where to start.
Galleon Studios also have a live keyer. This means you can preview your keyed footage before you even shoot a frame. This is ideal if you have background plates you must match for lighting and positioning.
There are various considerations for a shoot requiring green screen;
- The exact colour rgb value of the colour of paint you’ve chosen, in the case of green screen effects the value should be 255 green.
- The lighting is the key issue in effective green screen compositing. We have found the (diffused) lights we offer are perfect to correctly light the cove.
- You will also need to consider the final software used to create the composite of the subject and the new background. Galleon Studios have worked in the industry as Galleon Productions for many years. As we offer available assistance when required we encourage you to “pick our brains” regarding your potential green screen project. With our post production experience we can also advise the best software to complete the green screen effects work you begin in our studio. Here at our Manchester studio facility we have 3 ways of achieving exceptional green screen results;
- First our green screen infinity cove or sound proof studio green screen. We recommend this if you’re shoot requires a good deal of space and/or will take place over a number of days. The video below on this page shows the 2 layer (undercoat and base coat) required when using the chromakey paint on the cove.
- The second is using our green roll or curtain to create a key. This is ideal if your video is a piece-to-camera requiring less space. The background roll is 12ft wide and is available free if hiring the studio with lighting. The curtain is larger 19.5ft long and 10ft high is free if hiring in concert with the sound proof studio. In most cases either of these solutions are ideal for chromakeying, and all of the above can be used with our teleprompter without a problem.
- The final option is using the reflecmedia/data video solution. This technology has fallen out of vogue for most companies, including ourselves due to the inability to use a teleprompter with the light rings that this technology relies on. However we still offer the option for those wanting to use it purely for FX work as the light reflective material makes it perfect for a number of stunning “invisibility” effects. For more info on exactly what we’re talking (writing) about we made a video some time ago to illustrate the advantages of this solution.
- Further videos that demonstrate the high standard of green screen you can achieve at the studio are on our showreel page and within the gallery below. As an hours technical support is included in the hire we can use our chromakey expertise to light your shoot providing we know exactly what you want, or, as exemplified below many companies rely on us to shoot their green screen projects for them. Again whatever your requirement we’re a phonecall away.
Also keep in mind that all of the kit mentioned above, the green screens, autocue, cameras, glide tracks, turntables and jibs as well as the live keyer, are portable so we can bring kit to your location.
We have blue screen options as well so get in touch if you need that. Set building and white screen options are available too. Whatever your shoot Galleon’s studio hire will have the solution for you.